Donations | Matching Gifts | Gifts of Stock
Make A Gift
A gift to Friends of School of the Arts Foundation truly makes a difference in the lives of the Bay Area’s most promising young artists! As a public high school, Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts offers students from diverse communities the opportunity to hone their craft in a challenging and creatively stimulating environment—tuition-free. Each year the San Francisco Unified School District covers about 75% of Asawa SOTA’s operating budget. The remaining 25%, however, must be raised by FoSOTA’s supporters, through the Annual Fund Campaign, events and performances, grants, and contributions from private sources including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Your gift to the school’s Annual Fund will help SOTA continue to provide all the curricular and extracurricular resources that make our arts education so unique. Key programs funded wholly and or in part by the Annual Fund include:
Artists-in-Residence program and master classes with professional artists
Collaborative efforts with Bay Area cultural institutions
Specialized Counselor and necessary supplies for the College Center
and much, much more!
At FoSOTA, we understand that you want your gifts to be used wisely and efficiently. Your donations make it possible to encourage critical thinking, develop effective leaders and provide lifelong education and training for SOTA students.
To support the artists of tomorrow, consider donating today!
Corporate matching gifts are an easy way to maximize your charitable contribution to FoSOTA. You may be able to double or even triple your gift with a Matching Gift from your employer or your partner’s employer. Please ask your Human Resources Department if they have a matching program for charitable gifts.
Arranging a matching gift is easy:
1. Obtain a matching gift form and program guidelines from your human resources office.
2. Fill in the Employee section of the form, sign it, and send it to FoSOTA along with your donation or, if you’ve made your contribution online, simply complete the form and mail it to: FoSOTA, Attn: Matching Gifts Program, 236 West Portal Avenue #844, San Francisco, CA 94127.
3. FoSOTA will complete the form and forward it to your employer’s matching gifts office for processing. The company will send its matching donation directly to FoSOTA.
Online Matching Gift Platform
If your company uses an online matching gift platform, submit a matching gift verification request through your company’s online portal. The FoSOTA Tax Identification Number (also known as Employee Identification Number or EIN) is 94-3373066.
Gifts of Stock
FoSOTA invites individuals and organizations to support SOTA and its exceptional students through tax-deductible gifts of stock. Stock from your brokerage account may be electronically transferred, and directed to the account indicated on our Gifts of Stock Form. The information on this form is essential for correctly crediting your donation, as we cannot identify the donor from the electronic transfer alone.
Before arranging a transfer of stock, please contact FoSOTA at #415.508.7682 for further information.